Talent Pipelines... The "Specialist" Challenge
"One of the greatest transitions that anyone can make in their career is from being recognised as an excellent Specialist to being recognised as the leader of an excellent Specialist Team"
Ray Atkinson - April 2013
The focus of this one-day Preview Workshop is to share our latest experience and thinking around the development of "Specialists" in organisations, whatever their specialism might be. Topics we cover will include:
Then, how to use all of this information at Organisational level to prepare realistic resourcing plans in line with future strategic needs.
- Leadership capabilities needed by specialists to energise, engage and develop their people.
- Expanding development options for Specialists beyond the tried and tested traditional career development routes
- Helping Organisations and Specialists to decide whether career moves should be in their chosen "technical" field; leadership of a specialist team or general management.
- Developing the intellectual and temperament leadership capabilities that Specialists need to progress in an Organisation.
- Responding to the top ten excuses given by Specialists for not developing their people or themselves beyond what is required "technically".
We know from client feedback at our recent series of Talent Pipelines Preview Workshops, that these challenges are uppermost in their minds. In this whole-day workshop, four of our team will help provide some new tools and techniques for resolving these old challenges.
The date: Thursday 13th June 2013
The place: The Arden Hotel, Coventry Road, Bickenhill, Solihull, B92 OEH - just 5 minutes walk from Birmingham International Station and near Birmingham International Airport.
There will be a small charge of £85.00 + VAT per person for the day, which includes lunch.
To reserve a place or find out more, please email Sue Bell at: firstname.lastname@example.org